Time to go down to Red Liebster and order up a full round of liebster dinners for everybody. The Grand Liebster (Steph from stephellaneous) has shared her contagion with me and I must pony up to the table and crack open some liebster claws. So get your melted butter ready and put on your bibs! This is gonna get messy. 😉
Tonight we’re exposing the soft under belly of liebsters deep in the blog-o-sphere. The Liebster Award is all about liebsters so far down that most fishes don’t even know they exist. These are the liebsters who blog largely in the dark. We’re gonna shine a little light on them, and hope some of you check them out.
The Rules: [annotations by Beeps]
- Make a post thanking [or blaming, whatever trips your trigger] and linking the person who nominated you and include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers [oh Mein Gott! really?] and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have fewer than 200 followers [How the hell do you see this unless they’ve got a count for followers? I’m CLUELESS, so I’m just gonna go with it.].
- Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator [that’s why I’m doing it] and create 10 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions.
- Copy these rules into your post [I did. With annotations. Does that count?].
Let’s gets crackin’. Steph came up with some whoppers:
- Whom is your favorite Muppet and why? Hands down, Animal. Love the mad drumming, love the out of control way he does things, love the fact that he’s kept on a leash. Perfect muppet for us bipolars.
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now (aside from where you are), where would it be and why? Difficult. Difficult to think of anywhere else I’d rather be; I’m heavy into the crush phase with Rotterdam. I guess I’d have to waffle a bit and say anywhere that my favorite all time ever DJ (Sven Vaëth) is gigging, just to see him live. Once.
- I believe broccoli and collard greens should be banned from our solar system. Discuss. I strongly disagree. The Dutch have a huge secret called Boerenkool. You’ll need to translate this page: Stamppot boerenkool. It’s well worth it. Unbelievably good. Can’t imagine how this hasn’t been picked up by the rest of the world. Broccoli? Love it. With a good bearnaise sauce, it’s to die for. Gimme my greens!
- If you were a bumper sticker, what would your slogan be? Out of my mind; back in 5 minutes
- Just what the hell are Smurfs, anyway? Also, what is your favorite cartoon (past or present or both)? The Smurfs are the result of years of chemical testing to create the perfect blue-raspberry Kool-aid. It happened during the 1970s, so there was only one woman working at the plant – thus Smurfette. Favorite cartoon is The Tick. Comic book version (graphic novels for you geeks), Saturday morning cartoon, live action – doesn’t matter. I love The Tick.
- Sweets or savories? What’s your favorite of your chosen one? Mm. Another tough one! I’ve got a real weakness for sweets, but if I had to choose it would be savory, hands down. Specifically: pizza. Pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, onions, pineapple, olives. This is making me hungry!
- Do you think cats will someday rule the world? They already do; thinking anything else is delusional. 😉
- If you had the chance to start over again, on another planet made habitable by NASA, would you do it? Suppose you would have everything you could need to sustain you, and you would be part of a village of others like you. Would you do it? Why or why not? Starting over doesn’t scare me, so yes, I’d go. I think every new settlement needs a crotchety old character who grumbles a lot, wears inappropriate clothing, and smokes too much. Just to make sure they don’t get to be too over the top rainbow farting fuckwits, you know? What an adventure!
- New stuff or antiques? Why? I’m half and half on this. Furniture: new, brand new. Give me heated seats and massage units and motors that will help me up and down. Knick-knacks: old, really old. Love the feel of history when I put my hands on an antique.
- What do you wish I had asked you? What would your answer have been? Will you be my friend? I hope I already am. 😀
And now, my Nommies, ’cause as Steph says, it’s yummier that way:
- painkills2 All Things Chronic
- socialworkerangela I Am My Own Island
- Sam sexyachymoody
- Heather fromcrazywithlove
- Dyane Birth of a New Brain
Pick up your liebster crackers; here’s your Q to A:
- If you were offered a drug that opened up your mind to 100% of its capabilities but killed you in 10 years, would you take it? Why or why not?
- Doctor Who shows up and offers you one trip to anywhere, anytime. Where and when would you go?
- Money or wisdom. Choose.
- Which language do you most want to learn and why?
- Given the choice of being able to master ONE thing in life, what would you choose to master?
- Favorite song; the one you can hear over and over ad infinitum and still not be sick of it.
- Who do you really want to slap upside the face?
- Where’s the place you felt/feel safest?
- Are you a boxers, briefs, or g-string type of person?
- Which is more disgusting: the stuff you pull out of your ears or the stuff you pull out of your bellybutton. Discuss.