The universe obviously enjoys irony and I must be a source of great amusement, cause it seems the big U keeps taking pot shots at me. Only days after turning my own stomach with a whine over not getting a blogger’s award I found myself listed as a recipient by lolabipola, who first caught my eye with this fantastic header on her page:
I thought: anyone brave enough to use that as a header needs to be listened to. Her posts offer me comfort and solace. She’s straightforward, clear, and informative. And I haven’t seen her resort to cussing, which I do – a LOT.
So the Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for loyal fans and commenters. I wanted to begin this with a pithy quote about loyalty but got caught up in looking for something that felt right and then realized that a quote from the great un-loyal populace was perhaps not the best way to begin, after all. I will fall back on this old chestnut: you can’t choose your family but you can choose your friends. The ‘friends’ I’ve chosen out here – the people I follow – are, in many respects, closer to me than most people whom I know in ‘real life’. For one thing, I’m more honest out here than I am in ‘real life’. I say what’s really going thru my head, obscenities included. (BTW, I don’t go around cussing the way my posts sound. Yes, I cuss, but not the stream of obscenities I fling out here to get it off my chest.) For another, out here I follow discussions about bipolar disorder, anxiety, and other issues that..well, they’re the kind of thing that if I spent time talking about them OUT THERE I’d turn off a lot of people and have even less social interaction than I do now. Finally, by openly discussing my issues, by putting everything out there without censorship, I know that when someone likes one of my posts or follows my blog, it’s genuine. You’re not doing it because you know who I really am and feel an obligation to like whatever I post. You’re doing it because I said something that resonated with you. I connected with you on some level. And I feel more satisfaction and pride over that than I have in very long time. And before I go on to the rules, my nomination, and 7 interesting things about myself, I’ve got to point out the big U just bit my ass again. As I’ve been writing this, lolabipola sent me a comment with this lovely observation “FYI – I love how open you are with your writing. Its raw, and its totally out there…” Oh, wow! You just brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much!
DISPLAY THE AWARD CERTIFICATE ON YOUR WEBSITE
ANNOUNCE YOUR WIN WITH A POST AND LINK TO WHOEVER PRESENTED YOUR AWARD
PRESENT 15 AWARDS TO DESERVING BLOGGERS
DROP THEM A COMMENT TO TIP THEM OFF AFTER YOU’VE LINKED THEM IN THE POST
POST 7 INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF.
My 15 award winning choices are:
1. takingthemaskoff 2. the scribbling grasshopper 3. 800recoveryhubblog 4. blahpolar diaries 5. zedmondson 6. irwinozborne 7. KharmaDia 8. bpnurse 9. Pieces of Bipolar 10. @BipolarUs 11. farewellmelancholia 12. GentlemanSparks 13. jumbledwriter 14. nlangmack 15. sammijo110
Chances are some of you may have already received this award. If so, my apologies for not remembering. If you haven’t received this award, please participate!
7 Interesting things about myself:
- I did a walk on hot coals in one of those seminars. Didn’t get even a blister.
- I received my first poetry award at age 17; the New York Poetry Society’s Young Poet Award.
- I’ve performed live in 5 countries and counting.
- I’m a sender. I’ve always been interested in psychic phenomena, and I test as a ‘sender’. I don’t receive well, but it seems I can push thoughts.
- There’s been a couple of experiences in my life that go well beyond any physical reality, 3 dimensional explanation. I’m not going to claim I know how things work, just that there’s more to life than what meets the eye.
- I love horror films. Even bad ones. Splat makes me laugh uncontrollably. Favorite horror quote “You’re mother ate my dog!”.
- I’m a closet punk. Fave band: Descendants. ‘Nuff said.